Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Accountability


It is not only what we do, but also what we do not do, for which we are accountable.
Moliere

I’m apparently an accountability partner.  My friend has decided this.  Apparently, this means that he will be telling me every last detail about anything.  He is likely going to drive me absolutely batty during this period while I am his accountability partner.

Being accountable for our own actions sounds like common sense.  Sharing with someone else what you’re doing sounds a little odd.  But it doesn’t sound odd at all either.  It sounds like a way to keep to your word.  When you would have to tell someone what you did, or didn’t do, that you’d feel their disappointment for what went wrong.  It would be encouragement enough to some people to stick to their word.

I’ve never had an accountability partner, nor been an accountability partner, to my knowledge; at least never with the title.  I don’t know what to expect or what this will entail.  All I can expect is that it will mean more to him than it will to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment