Friday, August 26, 2011

Breakfast


When the toast is burned,
and the milk is turned,
and Cap’t Crunch is wavin’ farewell…
Newsboys  - Breakfast

Well, I won’t have to worry much about if milk is turned, or if Cap’t Crunch is wavin’ farewell.  I wouldn’t be too pleased to have burnt toast though.  All the same, I have two choices for breakfast each morning now.  Some of those days involve toast.  None of those days involve Cap’t Crunch or, since I’m one of those rare people who enjoy cereal without milk, milk.  My breakfasts now will involve a lot of eggs and fruit.  No more eggs going bad for me.

I’m really looking forward to it.  I’ve already enjoyed it.  This morning I was able to choose between oatmeal with fruit or pancakes with syrup.  I chose to have oatmeal with slices of banana in it.  I wasn’t in the mood to stand over a skillet to make a stack of pancakes.  Tomorrow I get to choose between cereal and buttered toast and mixed fruit.  I’ll decide tomorrow which I’d like.

Its not a very demanding menu that I’ve been given.  I still get to choose a bit.  I can choose which fruit or which cereal or which muffin I’d like to eat sometimes.  But then I also have Sunday to eat whatever I’d like for breakfast.  Perhaps even doughnuts at church.

I like that I’ll be eating fruit and eggs for breakfast.  I am in the habit of eating breakfast, so eating in the morning won’t be a problem at all.  I’ve normally been grabbing cereal, granola bars, oatmeal.. whatever is quick and easy at the moment.  This is a bit more planned and therefore will be easier to eat a bit healthier in the mornings.  Fruit and protein will be good for me in the mornings too, not just as snacks (fruit) and lunch/dinner (protein).

No comments:

Post a Comment