Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Freedom


Freedom means you are unobstructed in living your life as you choose.
Anything less is a form of slavery.
Wayne Dyer

Freedom in chains sounds like an unbelievable contradiction.  Freedom is “the state of being free or at liberty rather than in confinement or under physical restraint”* it is “exemption from external control, interference, regulation, etc.”* it is “the power to determine action without restraint”* it is “personal liberty, as opposed to bondage or slavery”*.

If freedom is all of those things, how can there be freedom in chains?  Chains are confining.  Chains are physical restraint.  Chains are external control.  Chains are interference.  Chains are bondage.  Chains are all the things that freedom is defined as not being a part of.  There can be no freedom while in chains.

Unless chains is a form of liberty.  Unless chains is the choice.  Unless chains are exactly what would be taken away if there were not freedom.  To be truly free is to decide what you want and to have it.  What if the wanted is to be bound and enslaved?  Could there then be freedom in chains?

I like chains.  I like rope better, but “Freedom in Rope” didn’t have quite the same ring to it as “Freedom in Chains”.  I like being bound.  I like being vulnerable.  I like being exposed.  I like being owned.

I am owned.

I am not crazy.  I am not confused.  I am not captive.  I am not coerced.  I am nothing that makes me anything unlike the people you see walking with you in the store or driving past you on the street.

I am a man who enjoys being owned by a woman.  While being owned I feel the most freedom, the most happiness, the most security, the most safety, the most joy.  While being owned I feel alive.  I feel at peace.  I feel like myself.  I feel like I am who I am supposed to be.  This feels normal.  This feels right.  This is something I never want to give up.

This is my freedom.


*definitions of freedom, according to http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/freedom

No comments:

Post a Comment